Thursday, March 5, 2009

Michael Kelly Nostalgia N1

I was previously shopping for a guitar that was affordable enough that it wouldn't matter if it was lost or stolen and something I could just throw in the car and go but of course I wanted something that was decent enough to play. Most of the time if you find a guitar cheap enough to take anywhere and not worry about it it is either cheaply made with inferior materials or it just isn't worth playing. I did a lot of investigating before I made my purchase and I traveled a lot of stores manhandling their merchandise. What I came up with was A Michael Kelly Nostalgia N1, it is a full size dreadnought style guitar for about $100 that lacks nothing. The guys at Michael Kelly really did a great job on this guitar; the top, neck and body are solid mahogany with a rosewood fretboard and bridge. The finish is excellent on this guitar, the action is low and solid wood, not cheap plywood. I love this guitar!! I have never experienced such quality on guitars that cost 3 times the price, it sounds good, plays good and keeps tune, the action is low and fast and it is just.....playable as heck. I actually find it hard to just throw in the car because it is one of the best guitars I have ever had and not to sound repetitive but for $100. My Kelly is my new full time player and I have logged many hours on it and still have only tuned it less than a handful of times. The dark mahogany color of the entire guitar sets it apart from other acoustics too. So if you're looking for a really nice guitar at an even better price check out the Micheal Kelly N1, there are several online sites that sell them with free shipping, you won't regret it.

2 comments:

  1. dropping by to say hi..nice layout and good content..was it the same guitar that u asked me to look at online sometime back?..hey make a you tube of u peforming some numbers on it la..:P
    sampai jumpa lagi wuvya
    Umi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, thanks for dropping by, yes it is the same guitar, I may make a video, that may be cool, wuvya.

    ReplyDelete