Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Thoughts about Craigslist

I've been trading on Craigslist for over a year now, I'm not exactly addicted to it but I visit the site on a daily basis to find supposed "deals". I love the site, don't get me wrong but some of the people trading or selling on the site just aggravate the heck out of me. Multiple times have I arranged for someone to meet me to buy or sell and the person I am supposed to meet doesn't show, or they list "new in box" and they show up with something very well used. Or when I arrange to meet up with someone and I send all the information, pics and even agree upon a clear price and when the person gets to the meeting site they will offer less money, my favorite of those situations is when a person had agreed to buy something for $100 and when he showed he said he didn't have enough and offered $70, when I accepted he asked for change of his $100 bill. Of course the thing about Craigslist I hate the most is the flagging system, I'd say 90% or greater of my posts are flagged off within an hour, it doesn't matter what I am offering or how many pics I put up, I've even went to the flag forum before I posted to insure that everything was good to go only to get flagged within minutes of posting. I wonder if it's just my area.

I used to be addicted to ebay but waiting by the mailbox for the newest treasure to come in was the least appealing trait there was, I am a guy that when I want it, I want it now. That makes Craigslist very appealing to me, despite all the con artists and beggars on the site. If I like it and catch it in time it's mine, but of course sometimes I wonder if the trouble is worth it. Of course I haven't been burnt every time, My cockatiel JJ was gifted to me through Craigslist, and I love her very much. Not to mention some of the friends I have met on Craigslist through either good trades or just the back and forth of emailing finding out that we have similar interests. It's like flipping a coin as to whether you will have a good or bad experience with it or at least it has been my experience.

I know I won't quit trading on the site, but I wish they would get rid of the flag system, I can deal with the people but the flagging I can't stop, all I can do is silently whisper curse words under my breath and growl, Grrr. I just don't know. To anyone that uses the site, good luck trading and I hope my ranting doesn't dissuade anyone from using it, I'm just P-Oed as I had some good ads up last night and today that were flagged off quickly as always and I'm aggravated. Thanks for anyone that has read this, and hopefully you don't have similar experiences but I would love to hear from anyone that has. Until next time, have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment